Foreigners and stateless persons can enter to and exit from the Republic of Azerbaijan by crossing the border checkpoints on the basis of their passports or other border crossing documents.
In case visa is required to enter the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreigners and stateless persons should obtain visa in a way defined with legislation.
Foreigners and stateless persons can arrive in the Republic of Azerbaijan without visa, in case relevant international agreements have been concluded with foreign states.
Foreigners and stateless persons obtained permit for temporary or permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan can arrive in the Republic of Azerbaijan and return back to the Republic of Azerbaijan without a visa on the basis of their passports or other border crossing documents and the temporary residence or permanent residence permits issued by the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
International applicants from Republic of Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Uzbekistan, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, Ukraine do not need a visa.
Applicants can obtain visa through Azerbaijan Embassies in their country or through ASAN VISA.
- APPLYING FOR A VISA IN AZERBAIJAN EMBASSY (Consular Department) IN RELEVANT COUNTRY.
In accordance with article 36 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the following documents are required for visa issuance:
- Sample of application form approved by an appropriate authority of executive power;
- Passport or other travel document (a validity period of a passport or other travel document should exceed a validity period of an expected visa at least by 3 months) and copies of their main pages;
- Two color photographs (3x4cm) matching with biometric identification requirements;
- A copy of medical insurance certificate (if a host does not undertake to pay for medical services);
- Document certifying payment of a state duty for visa issuance;
- Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan, a sample (a sample is attached) of which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power, a registered copy of a certificate (for non-governmental organizations), a document proving the purpose of an invitation (these documents are not required for transit, tourism, official and personal travel visas);
- Relevant documents set forth in articles 25-34 of this Code, depending on the purpose of travel.
In addition to the documents set forth in this Code, a notarized copy of a birth certificate, a permission of parents or a legitimate representative and copies of identification documents are required for issuance of visa to foreigners and stateless persons under 18 holders of a passport travelling without his/her parent or a legitimate representative.
An amount of a state duty for visa issuance is determined by an appropriate law of the Republic of Azerbaijan. State duty for visa issuance is not reimbursed regardless the result of processing of apply.
Starting from 10 th January 2017, the State Agency on Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan started to process electronic visas through “ASAN Visa” system. E-visa is issued within 3 working days, it will be valid for 30 days and the fee for it is 20$. Foreigners and stateless persons of the relevant countries can get detailed information about and apply for electronic visas at www.evisa.gov.az.